Sedona AZ (October 20, 2014) – The following is a letter to the SedonaEye.com editor:
Attn: Letters to the Editor
Sedona Eye News
October 20, 2014
Subject: Monitoring Pastors’ Sermons
Ref: Houston Texas Lesbian Mayor’s Demands
What an opportunity for the Houston Pastors to preach (personal or proxy) a fantastic and definitive sermon through the “Mainstream News Media” at the behest of the Houston Mayor. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to get the message of the Bible into the Headlines of the Houston Newspapers, maybe into the Nationwide and possibly Worldwide News Services? This opportunity is beautiful.
The Houston Mayor wants to subpoena all the Christian Pastors sermons to review for “Homosexual Hate Speech” – so fight it for a while to build more general public curiosity, then unload them to the Court with a little flare of apprehension and explain the Biblical View of Homosexuality – with a few other things thrown in for good measure.
Now understand I am not an ordained pastor, or evangelist; I have no credentials with any denomination whatsoever. That said; I do and have studied a lot in the Bible.
Now please allow me to relay the points that I believe will do the most good and will present a positive result from the Mayor’s obviously intended negative slap at Christians and Christianity.
My commentary is as follows:
- God Loves “Everyone” exactly the same: God not only is consistent, He ordered that same consistency from His “Creation”: Man (male and female) in the Second of the Ten Commandments: “Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Mark 12:31 KJV) Note: In this context the word “as” means exactly alike.
- God hates sin: God cannot in any way accept sin; because He is sinless. That statement may sound oversimplified, but it is a plain and simple fact.
- God Loves “His Creation”: God created man (male) in His own image, then He created woman out of or as an integral (essential, inseparable) part of that creation, exactly the way He intended for them to be in order to have a family and face to face fellowship. Thus the “Creation of Man” (male and female) is one creation in two parts with neither being better or worse; but God charged the male to honor and protect the female, she is part of him and their pro-creation comes through her. Any distortion of that creation is “Sin.”
- God has made a path for redemption: Man (Adam) transgressed the only commandment God gave him and sold all the authority God had given him to Satan, which took thousands of years and unimaginable misery to initiate the reconciliation process. Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection stripped Satan of what he had acquired from Adam. Jesus then transferred a lot of that authority on earth to us; and since then, Satan can only get power from people; generally through deception.
God has the final word: God reserved unto Himself the final judgment call and our “Advocates” (Lawyers, Intercessors) are Jesus and the Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit). God by necessity has to be 100% Legal, 100% of the Time, and 100% Honest, 100% of the Time. His Legality and His Honesty restrict Him in actions: His words spoken and written are more solid than the earth we walk on; Jesus put it this way; “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.” (Mat 24:35 KJV)
- If a Pastor, Preacher or Evangelist is claiming something like “there is no redemption for Homosexuals”, it is wrong although probably a misunderstanding. God’s love is Universal and never changes; God’s love for you is still the same whether you accept or reject Him; He will always love you, your acceptance of Jesus as Lord pleases him more because it is so much better for you.
- Now if Sermons are checked, make sure the sermons of the Muslims are checked also; in fact, we could/should call for a “Parallel Comparison” of subjects; especially the treatment of Homosexuals, Women, Children and Animals between the Qur’an (Koran) and the New Covenant, which starts in the very last part of each of the four Gospels of the New Testament of the Holy Bible; near the same time frame on both.
Dale Gohr, Clarkdale AZ