Sedona AZ (July 16, 2012) - The following is the Revised Agenda of Sedona Fire District Public Budget Hearing and Regular Board Meeting to be held at Station #1 Multipurpose Room, 2860 Southwest Drive, west Sedona, Arizona on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM for its Executive Session and 4:30 PM for its Public Session:
Pursuant to ARS §38-431.02, notice is hereby given to members of the Sedona Fire District Governing Board and to the public that the Governing Board will meet in Public Session for its Public Budget Hearing and Regular Board meeting beginning at 4:30 PM on Wednesday, July 18, 2012, in the Multipurpose Room of Station #1; an Executive Session will also be held beginning at 3:30 PM.
Members of the Governing Board and legal counsel may attend either in person or by telephone conference call.
The following topics and any variable related thereto will be subject to Board consideration, discussion, approval, or other action. SFD may vote to go into Executive Session, which will not be open to the public, on any agenda item pursuant to ARS §38-431.03(A)(3) for legal advice with the Fire District Attorney on the matter(s) set forth in the agenda.
All Agenda items are set for possible action.
Public Input: Citizens may make oral comments on specific Agenda items or on any topic relevant to the District business during the public forum. Citizens who wish to speak should complete a Request to Address the Board form, indicating the topic they intend to address.
Citizens may also submit written comments of any length to the Fire Board.
NOTICE: While public comment is encouraged, it is important that everyone demonstrate the appropriate decorum, courtesy and respect during the meeting. Please treat your fellow citizens with courtesy. Outbursts, interruptions, and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL.
II. SALUTE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND MOMENT OF SILENCE TO HONOR ALL AMERICAN MEN AND WOMEN IN SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY, FIREFIGHTERS, AND POLICE OFFICERS.
III. EXECUTIVE SESSION.
A. Vote to go into Executive Session pursuant to ARS 38-431.03.A.3 – Legal Advice; and Pursuant to ARS 38-431.03.A.4 – Instruction to Attorney Regarding Negotiations relating to the following items:
1. Arizona Attorney General’s Opinion as it relates to Open Meeting Law Violations of Former Fire Board; and Instructions to Attorney Re: Negotiations Relating to the Attorney General’s Investigation and Settlement of Open Meeting Law Violations of Former Fire Board; 30 day Extension to August 31, 2012 for Compliance.
2. Lowell Johnson Complaint.
IV. RECONVENE INTO PUBLIC SESSION.
A. Discussion/Possible Action regarding the Executive Session Items:
1. Discussion/Possible Action: Acknowledgement of Receipt of Recommended Settlement and Resolution of Arizona Attorney General’s Opinion and Findings on Open Meeting Violations of Former Board and Recommendations Relating Thereto; 30 day Extension to August 31, 2012 for Compliance per Attorney General’s Office.
~ REVISED ~ 7-18-12 SFD Public Budget Hearing and Regular Meeting Agenda.doc Page 2
2. Lowell Johnson Complaint.
V. PUBLIC BUDGET HEARING.
A. Public Comments – Re: Fiscal Year 2012/2013 Sedona Fire District Budget; Staff Response.
B. Discussion/Possible Action: Resolution #2012-06, Approval of Fiscal Year Budget 2012/2013.
VI. PUBLIC FORUM.
Speakers are limited to a three-minute oral presentation and may submit written comments of any length for Board files. Board Members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the Agenda. Therefore, pursuant to ARS 38-431.01(G), Board action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
A. Public Comments.
B. Executive Staff Response to Public Comments.
VII. CONSENT AGENDA.
A. Consent Agenda – Discussion/Possible Action:
1. June 6, 2012 SFD Public Budget and Special Business Meeting Minutes.
2. June 6, 2012 Executive Session Minutes.
3. June 13, 2012 Public Budget and Business Meeting Minutes.
VIII. BUSINESS MEETING.
A. Badge-Pinning Ceremony for: 1. Battalion Chief Eric “Buzz” Lechowski.
2. Fire Inspector Kevin Sullivan.
B. Items from Staff:
1. Monthly Staff Report – Fire Chief Kris Kazian. (Chief Kazian will update the Board on information, events, and activities from the past month on all areas of the district. The Board may not propose, discuss, deliberate, or take legal action on these matters unless it is specifically and properly noticed for legal action. Therefore, action taken as a result of the Chief’s and Staff’s Reports will be limited to directing staff to study the matter or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date – ARS 38-431.02.K.)
2. Wildland Fire Update.
3. June 2012 Financial Report.
4. Pink Heals / Cancer Awareness/Prevention Event – July 27, 2012, Station #1.
5. Discussion/Possible Action: Renewal of Agreements for Dispatching Services with:
a. Black Canyon City Fire District.
b. Camp Verde Fire District.
c. Clarkdale Fire District.
d. Cottonwood Fire Department.
e. Jerome Fire Department.
f. Mayer Fire District.
g. Montezuma-Rimrock Fire District.
h. Pinewood Fire District.
i. Verde Valley Fire District;
j. Verde Valley Ambulance Company.
k. Joint Consent and Waiver for Legal Representation.
(Fire Chief Kris Kazian)
6. Discussion/Possible Action: Resolution #2012-07, Disposition of Surplus Property. (Battalion Chief Scott Schwisow/Captain Mark Rippy)
~ REVISED ~ 7-18-12 SFD Public Budget Hearing and Regular Meeting Agenda.doc Page 3
7. Discussion/Possible Action: Purchase Order #7702, Medusa Medical Technologies – Annual Renewal of License and Software Support, $18,029.20.
8. Discussion/Possible Action: Purchase Order #8092, Cindy Elbert Insurance – SFD General Insurance Coverage Package, $87,320.
9. Discussion/Possible Action: Purchase Order #8093, Walker & Armstrong, LLP – Annual Auditing Services for FY 2012, $17,000.
C. Items from Board Member Craig Dible:
1. Discussion: Legal Representation.
2. Discussion: Midway (Chapel) Fire Station.
3. Update: Regional Communications Center.
4. Discussion/Possible Action: Schedule some SFD Fire Board meetings at Station 3 in the Village of Oak Creek.
D. Item from Board Clerk Corrie Cooperman:
1. Correction Statement from Meeting of June 13, 2012.
E. Item from Board Chairman Ty Montgomery:
1. Monthly Update: Fees from April 2011 to Current for Legal Services Provided to SFD.
2. Discussion/Possible Action: Midway Fire Station.
a. Financing Option.
b. Selection of Architect.
IX. FIRE MARSHAL’S SAFETY MESSAGE.
Corrie Cooperman, Clerk of the Board
The SFD Multipurpose Room is accessible to the handicapped. In compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act, those with special needs, such as large font print or other reasonable accommodations, may request them through the SFD “Executive Assistant” at (928) 282-6800.
Posted by Tricia Greer, Recording Clerk to the Board, 7/16/12 at 3:45 PM.