Sedona AZ (November 18, 2013) – The Yavapai County Courthouse in Prescott was evacuated this morning due to a possible gas leak. At approximately 8:45 a.m. courthouse staff reported an odor of gas inside the building, 9-1-1 was called, and Presiding Judge David Mackey evacuated the building for safety reasons.
The Prescott Fire Department, Unisource Energy and Yavapai County Facilities all responded to the 9-1-1 call and evacuation. After a thorough search of the building, it was determined no leak existed, and the building was deemed safe for re-entry.
Approximately an hour after the leak was reported, courthouse staff and members of the public were allowed to return to the building.