Community Services Aide – Posted Date: 7/30/2012
Job Type: Part Time Job Salary: $11.00 / hour
This position actively supports and assists maintaining traffic control in the business district or other areas assigned. Also performs a variety of duties including enforcing the City of Sedona parking ordinances; coordinates assigned activities with other city departments and outside agencies and performs related work as required. Holds no arrest powers except those granted members of the general public under the Arizona Revised Statues.
- Performs traffic and pedestrian control in Uptown area, at special events, and other areas of the city.
- Patrols assigned area on foot and/or in a vehicle to enforce parking and related traffic ordinances.
- Investigates reports and complaints regarding parking violations.
- Issues warning and citations for failure to comply with pertinent parking ordinances.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports on violations and actions including a daily log of activities.
- Appears, testifies and presents evidence in court as required by summons and/or subpoena.
- Promotes community relations by routinely communicating with merchants, citizens and tourists.
- Assists, as needed, with other City of Sedona Departments at the direction of Shift Supervisor.
- Adheres to safe work practices and procedures.
- Responds to, investigates, and documents non- emergency calls for service including, but not limited to lost/found property, minor thefts, and animal control incidents.
- Assists the general public; provides directions and responds to questions and inquiries; relays on-site requests for assistance.
- Reports hazardous vehicles, expired registrations, suspicious incidents and individuals, traffic accidents and other occurrences to the Police Department staff.
- Contributes to effective city operations by performing other duties as assigned.
Please click here for a complete job description http://www.sedonaaz.gov/sedonacms/index.aspx?recordid=78&page=510 - the City of Sedona web site is found at www.SedonaAZ.gov.
Online application preferred.
Paper applications http://www.sedonaaz.gov/sedonacms/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=1414 must be returned via fax to 928-282-1394 or mail to Human Resources, 102 Roadrunner Drive, Sedona, AZ 86336.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled.
The City of Sedona is an Equal Opportunity Employer and member of Arizona State Retirement System.