Sedona AZ (May 17, 2015) – The Arizona Department of Transportation paving project on Interstate 17 between State Route 169 and Middle Verde Road continues with overnight work scheduled next week at the General Crook traffic interchange.
The ADOT project is designed to repave twelve miles of I-17 between mileposts 279 to 291. Crews will be resurfacing the off-and-on ramps at the General Crook Trail traffic interchange Sunday, May 17 through Thursday, May 21, 2015, between 7:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. each night.
In order to provide a safe work zone the following restrictions at General Crook Trail have been scheduled:
- The northbound I-17 off-ramp will be closed on Monday, May 18
- The northbound on-ramp to I-17 will be closed on Tuesday, May 19
- The southbound I-17 off-ramp will be closed on Wednesday, May 20
- The southbound on-ramp to I-17 will be closed on Thursday, May 21
- Drivers are encouraged to use the next exit as an alternate during work hours.
This $7.5 million project consists of the removal of a layer of the existing pavement, repaving the roadway, bridge work and shoulder improvements. Work is expected to be completed by September 2015.
The work zone will be clearly marked by temporary barricades and signage. ADOT advises drivers to allow additional time to reach destinations and to proceed through the work zone with caution, comply with the reduced speed limit, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.