Sedona AZ (September 15, 2012) – The Arizona Department of Transportation is advising drivers will be required to follow a detour from Cordes Junction to northbound Interstate 17 on September 17, 2012 as crews work on a new bridge over the I-17 highway as ADOT continues to make progress on a $50 million traffic interchange reconstruction project.
The following impacts are scheduled for next week:
Sunday, September 16:
▪ Alternating lane restrictions on both directions of I-17 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. as crews remove dirt from the median, move temporary concrete barriers, and stripe the roadway.
Monday, September 17:
▪ The on-ramp from Cordes Junction (Exit 262) to northbound I-17 will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. to allow crews to continue work on the bridge above the highway. Drivers who wish to access northbound I-17 will be required to follow a detour on Stagecoach Trail to the new Arcosanti traffic interchange (just north of the existing bridge).
▪ Southbound I-17 will be narrowed to one lane from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.as crews remove dirt from the median and work on the bridge over the highway.
Tuesday, September 18:
▪ Drivers traveling on both directions of I-17 will be shifted onto the off and on ramps at the new Arcosanti bridge from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. to allow crews to work on the bridge.
Wednesday and Thursday, September 19-20:
▪ Both directions of I-17 will be narrowed to one lane from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. to allow crews to work in the median and pave the roadway.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust their travel schedules in order to avoid the closures during those hours or allow extra travel time.
The work zone will be clearly marked by temporary barricades and signage. ADOT advises drivers to allow additional time to reach their destinations and to proceed through the work zone with caution, comply with the reduced speed limit, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
Follow the SedonaEye.com for ADOT traffic advisories.